Git assisted versioning in case of multiple plugins in a repo

We have a repo that contains multiple Python and C# plugins. Each plugin resides in a separate folder with a package.xml inside. Our plugins evolve independently and every now and then we also release bundles that contain specific versions of all plugins. We currently use manual plugin versioning, and everything works without an issue.

Now we’d like to switch to git assisted versioning but we’re not sure our structure is compatible with this approach as we’d still like our plugins to have different versions. As far as I understand, it’s not possible to have multiple .gitversion files in a single repo. Am I missing something? Is there a way to achieve git assisted versioning with multiple independently versioned plugins?

Currently, this is not supported. Not just because there is only one .gitversion file, but also because we use git tags for marking releases.

I’d recommend splitting your project into multiple repositories, but that comes with an entire new set of difficulties. Anyway, that is what we do.

1 Like

Understood, makes sense. I think we’ll keep it manual, at least for now. Thanks @rolf_madsen

Great news! This has been fixed and will be available with the upcoming 9.19 release. Here is the github issue: Support for multiple .gitversion files · Issue #803 · opentap/opentap · GitHub

3 Likes

Great news indeed! Thanks for sharing @alexander.larsen

2 Likes