How Can I get attributes, settings and their values for a test step by OpenTAP API?

I am trying to write a new GUI editor.exe by WPF.
When the user select a test step in the plan Window, I need to show all the supported atrributes, settings and attribute values for the Step in a window.
How Can I get attributes, settings and their values for a test step by OpenTAP API?Thanks.

The TUI project implements every aspect of GUI :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you know which file has the code to show the supported attributes and their values for the selected step? There are two many files there, and I can not find it. And I can not debug the source code because it depends on another project of Terminal.Gui, which is not included.

Terminal.Gui is the UI framework being used, so you don’t have to look at that. Its like WPF.

PropertiesView is being used for showing the list of properties, e.g when you select a test step and want to edit the properties. PropertiesView.cs

It uses AnnotationCollection which is a datastructure which create a UI model for any given C# object, like a TestStep.

A treeview is being built when (LoadProperties)[opentap-tui/PropertiesView.cs at 8a543392c3b7e1b64a0c277488fea7405981bcbc · StefanHolst/opentap-tui · GitHub] is called. It fetches all the properties for the object and loads them into the treeview.

(OpenSelectedItem)[opentap-tui/PropertiesView.cs at 8a543392c3b7e1b64a0c277488fea7405981bcbc · StefanHolst/opentap-tui · GitHub] is responsible for selecting the UI for a given property. e.g CheckBox or TextBox.

1 Like