MongoDB anyone?

@carlos.montes

1. PathToFile provides a very simple way to pass info to the publishing engine. @brennen_direnzo, any chance of formalising this and giving me an overloaded call to pass specific types of data.?
  2. Yup, I simply look to see if the data is an array. This is because other fields provided by parent steps should not form part of step publishing the array result. All columns (fields) in the array step form part of the array data-set and parent fields are actually metadata. A simple way to see this is to make a ‘Repeat’ the parent of the ‘Results for XY Array’. You can now see the parent field System-Iteration. The array table is still the same as the one I posted earlier but now I have three of them, one for each iteration. You can see the xl sheet tabs. Each tab is specific to a specific iteration by the _id field.

1. Because metadata fields cannot be added to the PublishTable without forming part of the array itself I have implemented other controls that allow me to Publish and PublishTable that bind them to the same test result entry. This means I can publish scalar results that have many fields of metadata, but I can also add images and arrays to it. This type of functionality isn’t in the demo code though as it would break all uses of array type data for out-of the box examples. It’s a poor workaround.
1 Like