During the last few months we have been working on version 3.0 of the Python plugin which adds a lot of improvements for developing and debugging OpenTAP plugins in Python.
Many of these improvements came from upgrading to a new version of PythonNet and from rethinking and simplifying the development experience.
- Any .NET class can be inherited and any interface implemented.
- Support for MacOS and Arm64 Architecture added.
- Python future compatibility: Adds support for future Python versions.
- Support for debugging on all platforms.
- It is no longer necessary to run ‘tap python build’ to generate class wrappers.
- Python 2.x versions are no longer supported
- Python 3.6 and older are no longer supported.
- Compiled C# to Python APIs are no longer supported.
# Download the plugin tap package install Python --version 3.0-rc # Download the examples # The will be located in your tap installation Packages/PythonExamples/ tap package install PythonExamples --version 3.0-rc
The plugin is essentially feature complete. If no critical issues are found during testing it will be released in a 3.0.0 version.
Bug reports, suggestions and feature requests are welcome at our Github issue tracker.