TapPackage create error in Visual Studio and Command line

Hello,

I am getting an error while creating a tappackage. I was able to successfully create package on my old laptop without any issues. Not sure if I am missing any dependency. I get this error. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Priya

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error A CliAction has thrown an exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. NWDIAnalyticsPlugin C:\Users\prramesh.nuget\packages\opentap\9.18.4\build\OpenTap.targets 68
Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error MSB3073 The command .\tap package create C:\GIT\nwdi-tapplugin\NWDIAnalyticsPlugin\NWDIAnalyticsPlugin\package.xml --install exited with code 193. NWDIAnalyticsPlugin C:\Users\prramesh.nuget\packages\opentap\9.18.4\build\OpenTap.targets 68

Hi @priram ,

Is it possible for you to give more information on the

1. the .csproj project style use .NET SDK Style or the utilizes the old style
  • .csproj .NET SDK style
<Project Sdk="Microsoft.NET.Sdk">
  • .csproj old style
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8 "?>
<Project ToolsVersion="4.0" DefaultTargets="Build" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">
  1. My Release folder with TAP 9.18.4 and able to build successfully , do compare the basic stuffs required with your Release Bin Folder

2. If you are using Dotfucator, please ensure the setup is done in you new pc.

Best Regards
Darwin Subramaniam

Hello,
I am still having the same issue and could not identify the reason. My response below to your questions.

My project SDK style is set as

My release folder screen shot

Hi @priram,

In you package.xml file, what is Version(e.g <Package Version="..."> element) set to ? I saw an issue similar to this when the Version is not a valid semantic version.

Otherwise, maybe you can create a test project, where the issue is reproduced?

2 Likes

Thank you so much @rolf_madsen. It was the issue with the Version. After I fixed the correct version and the space it worked fine.

2 Likes

No problem! This is fixed in OpenTAP 9.20 by adding a better error message. Issue: null reference during 'tap package create' · Issue #858 · opentap/opentap · GitHub

1 Like