About OpenTAP GUI

Hello,

I am quite new in using OpenTAP and I noiced that everytime we are making any changes in our testplans we need to restart (close and open the GUI), any way to avoid that?
I am using the GUI on windows.

Best Regards,

Arash

Hi @arashshb and welcome to the forum!

I have not noticed that when changing test plans, but it definitely is the case if you make code changes. Are you making any code changes?

Hello @rolf_madsen ,

Thank you for your response, yes, I was wondering if there is a way to change your code and you reload in the editor instead of closing and opening the editor GUI. I checked with some other colleagues and it seems in the previous versions there was a chance to do that, do you have any idea if this point is fixable?

best Regards,

Arash

This is something we would like to support, but unfortunately it is very hard in practice.

If you are programming C#, Visual Studio has an edit-and-continue feature which works for small modifications.

If you are programming Python, its a topic we still need to figure out how to do. Simply reloading the .py file does not help at the moment.

Hello @rolf_madsen ,

can you please explain why it is not techniacally possible? I mean I want to know if I can contribute there?

BR,

Arash

Hi @arashshb,

I never said that it’s not technically possible. It’s just that we don’t know how yet.

Also, I don’t have a clear picture of what you are trying to do,. If you could clarify that I might be able to say more.