How do I install OpenTAP installation packages offline

There are computers in the laboratory that are not allowed to be connected to the internet.

I have tried: 1. Download the OpenTAP installation package, copy it to the computer that is not connected to the internet using a USB flash drive, and then execute the command "tap package install “Developer’s System CE” ", but it cannot be installed

1. Copy all the folders “C: Program Files OpenTAP” to that computer, but opening the Editor will flash and there will be no related error messages in the SessionLogs folder

The attachment is the log collected during the installation of Developer’s System CE
SessionLog 2023-07-07 11-18-51.txt (9.0 KB)

I think the problem here is that Developer’s System CE is a ‘bundle’ package.

On a PC that has internet connection, try:

tap package download "Developer's System CE"

That should download all the packages required.

I tried this method and it seems that it still doesn’t work. Is it necessary to connect to the Internet to use Developer’s System CE.

I tried this method and it seems that it still doesn’t work. Is it necessary to connect to the Internet to use Developer’s System CE.

Maybe you could try this instead:

tap image install "Developer's System CE,OpenTAP:9.21.1" --target [Deployment folder]

This should create a full OpenTAP installation in the [Deployment folder]. This one you can move it as a zip file to the target machine and run Editor.exe.

for this, OpenTAP 9.19 or newer is required.

SessionLog 2023-07-07 16-47-51.txt (9.9 KB)

After mirroring the file, it will also flash back. This is a Log file, which appears to be an unauthorized issue.

Ah, that makes sense. It seems like you need all the dependencies to be available locally and then you should be able to install it.

Has the problem been resolved?I encountered the same problem。

Hi @alexuo,

How did you install Editor CE?

I can’t install any plugin at offline mode. :sweat_smile: