How to uninstall OpenTap complete?

For a fresh installation i wanted to uninstall the current installation.
For this i found “opentap” in the uninstall section in windows.

How can i uninstall the rest of the OPenTap installation which is still in the explorer?
This is what i see in the explorer on the left and what windows offers to uninstall for Keysight *.

1 Like

@LXuser those tools were installed when you installed the “Keysight Fixed Licensing” Plugin (in your case directly, but they are also installed by the Keysight PathWave Test Automation installer).

The reason they are not uninstalled by default is that they can be dependencies for other Keysight apps. Basically, whichever Keysight application is installed first will install these and then they will be used by any others.

Do get them off your system you will have to run the uninstallers individually.

The rest of the OpenTAP directory is left around in case you are actually doing an update so nothing custom is uninstalled unintentionally. To fully clean up, you can simply delete the directory.

1 Like

I tried now to reinstall but i get this message.

We are in the process of releasing 9.10 so right now there is a 9.10 OpenTAP version but not yet for Developer’s System. That should be out this week. So it is a temporary od state. I’d recommend using OpenTAP 9.9.3 for now until 9.10 is officially released for the Developer’s System.

1 Like

I downloaded and installed OpenTAP.9.9.3+2fa91315.exe

In Package Manager (or tap package -list) what does it show as installed? It seems like you had some version conflicts at some point but I think they resolved with the update. I don’t see any actual errors there.

1 Like

This is installed: file.txt (3.3 KB)

1 Like

Ok I don’t think you have any incompatibilities. Are you seeing issues?

1 Like

No, but i am not sure if everything is correct installed because of the message in the cmd-window above which said “Unable to load type …”

In the editor itself seems to work as before.

That is a change coming in 9.10 Developer’s System. So you have the OpenTAP side, but not the the UI side. So that is expected at this point until the release:

1 Like