OpenTapTests.dll in this package require assembly System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe in version 6.0.0.0 while that assembly is already installed through package 'OpenTAP' in version 4.0.6.0

Hi

I have a C# net framework (4.8.1v) project that uses opentap compiled on VS 2022 and I recently added a nugget dependency to do GPU operations. However, this new package requires CompilerServices.Unsafe version 6.0.0.0 but opentap requires version 4.0.6.0. There is no earlier version of the GPU dependency package that depend on < CompilerServices.Unsafe.6.0.0.0 and the latest opentap nugget does not yet depend on CompilerServices.Unsafe.6.0.0.0

The project compiles fine and runs on debug mode. However, on release, it builds up to the point that tap.exe install command is run. At such point, compilers throws this error indicating the discrepancy in dependencies (see below). Release project compiles fine if I remove the tap.exe install command but then no tap.exe executable is generated.

I have added assemblyBinding pointing to bind older Unsafe to version Unsafe.6.0.0.0 in app.config. However, it seems tap.exe install command does not seem to look at app.config.

Full error:

OpenTapTests.dll in this package require assembly System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe in version 6.0.0.0 while that assembly is already installed through package ‘OpenTAP’ in version 4.0.6.0.
Please align the version of System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe (4.0.6.0 vs 6.0.0.0) to ensure interoperability with package ‘OpenTAP’ or uninstall that package.
error MSB3073: The command “.\tap package create “C:(hidden path for privacy)\OpenTapTests\package.xml” --install” exited with code 34.

I wonder if there is any way to indicate tap.exe install that to take the Unsafe.6.0.0.0

I have wasted a fair amount of time trying to sort this one out. Any help would be appreciated it.