TUI - Tree Expansion issue

I’ve been trying to figure out why my instrument list expands differently in TUI as compared to Editor. Some instruments are not present while others appear in the wrong group. Since TUI runs inside OpenTAP as a library, I don’t see a way to debug this easily.

I’ve also noticed that test plan sequences don’t expand using the space bar unless the plan is running. Even then it’s a bit awkward.

While I do most of my development in editor and formal tests with a custom GUI, TUI fills the gap between these two while I’m discussing licensing and development costs/strategies.

Any hints on how to debug this?

The first step might be to file this issue in the TUI issue tracker: Issues · StefanHolst/opentap-tui · GitHub

From there you can try fixing it yourself (which I think is very feasible) or wait until it gets picked up by someone else.

Hey @craig.petku, happy to hear you are using the TUI. If you want to debug the TUI it should be fairly easy, [Debugging | OpenTAP TUI](see debugging here).

Regarding test plan sequences, they expand using the arrow keys. Space is for selecting and moving a step.

1 Like

Thank you,

That actually addresses both issues I described. The treeview of the instruments using the arrow keys looks the same as in editor.

1 Like