Where can i find the DMM teststep after plugin installation?

It looks like not all the proper DLLs are being detected. There should be 3:

Keysight.OpenTap.Plugins.Dmm.Steps.dll
Keysight.OpenTap.Plugins.Dmm.dll
Keysight.OpenTap.Plugins.Dmm.Plugins.Scpi.dll

Can you check in Packages\DMM and see if all 3 DLLs are there (the last one will be in the Plugins subdirectory)

1 Like

This what i see.
Plugins subdirectory is empty.
dmm

Ya that doesn’t look right, but explains why you aren’t seeing Test Steps or Instruments. Can you delete that whole directory and try to reinstall? Make sure when you install you select to also install the dependencies.

1 Like

After uninstalling the DMM folder is deleted.
Then restart editor
Then reinstalled DMM and now the DLLs are all there…

BUT then opened Bench… and now the DLLs gets deleted

Perhaps you can check in the log why it happened.

SessionLog 2020-10-23 17-46-04.txt (3.9 KB)

There is nothing obvious from that. I will try to look in to it more. My guess is it may be an issue with the Community Edition. Since LXI is a Keysight Solution Partner, it is probably best to get you on the commercial product.

1 Like

I found the problem. My Kaspersky Antivirus thinks the DLL is a trojaner and deletes it.

Interesting. Is there any indication as to what it doesn’t like about it? It has a Keysight Digital Signature.

1 Like

No there is nothing helpful.
Can we compare our filesizes? Should be bigger here if it contains really a trojan.

Looks to be the same:

My guess is it is being flagged for some other reason. Is there anyway to check with your IT?

1 Like

I will check this next monday with our IT.

But besides this i think the Package Manager should not display the “Installed” Icon if the files are not available. Perhaps at startup there should be a check if all files are at correct position with correct version.

Yea, what is happening here is a bit weird, because the files were “installed”, but later deleted without the Package Manager knowing. The information that package manager uses is actually in the package.xml file so that helps reduce the queries when a large number of packages exist.

1 Like

How can this be solved? i think this may happen to user users too.

I’ll need to know a bit more about the cause. We don’t have Kaspersky AV setup on any test system. If you are able to help us get a better idea of what is being flagged we can look more into it. I know we had an issue with the main installer on some AV previously, and had to work directly with them to get the issue resolved. I agree, it could be seen by others.

1 Like

I tried to reproduce it again and did the same as last week.
-I set the AV to “pause for 5 minutes” to install DMM.
But this time the DMM installation only installs only these files:
\DMM\Keysight.OpenTap.Plugins.Dmm.dll & package.xml (no subdirs)
\DMM API\package.xml
\DMM Instruments\package.xml
\DMM Teststeps\package.xml

Also different:
When uninstalling the DMM then the package “DMM Teststep” does not get deleted automatically. I have to select and uninstall it manually.

(I also checked with AV completely stopped and closed)