Update Developer's System CE

Hi,

Some package like “operator pannel” required WPF Controls version newer than 9.19, but if we only update WPF Controls, we got some UI exception, you say we should use same version Editor and WPF Controls.

When will you update update Developer’s System CE?

Thank you.

1 Like

The CE version has been replaced by the Community Edition on EditorX

I installed latest EditorX, after click Community License, I got System Error but no error message, could you help check what’s wrong?

Thank you.

Latest.txt (32.1 KB)

Hi,

I’ve gone through Latest.txt but I can’t find any root cause for this. Can you check if you can start the nats-server.exe located in “{EditorXInstallationDirectory}\Packages\NATS Server”?

NATS server started.

@brennen_direnzo @khang-yong,
I installed EditorX on two PC, all have this error, could you help check?

Hi @Light , can you help me by providing the information below?

1. The OS version and architecture.
  2. The list of tap packages installed. (Command: tap package list -i)
  3. Are you running it in a VM?

Thanks

A colleague and I are seeing the same.

1. I am on Windows 10 22H2 64-bit. He is on Windows 11.
  2. image
  3. Nope.

Hi, thanks for getting back with this info.

1. I noticed Editor X is in “C:\Program Files\OpenTAP” directory, this means that you didn’t install Editor X through the installer right?
  2. Does the %PATH% environment variable contains the path to “C:\Program Files\OpenTAP” directory?

I tried to replicate your problem on a Windows 11 23H2 machine, but even with exactly the same packages installed. I don’t see the blank error message.
I am sorry that Editor X didn’t provided additional logs that can help with the troubleshooting, we will improve on that in the future.

1. Correct, but it does not appear to matter.
    I installed OpenTAP to that location, installed Editor X by running tap package install "Editor X", and then started it by running tap editorx.
    However, my aforementioned colleague installed Editor X using the installer and started it with the start menu shortcut it created.
  2. It was not, but I have now added it and it still behaves the same.

Thank you for the clarifications. We’re looking into the problem.

Just for fun, try removing the statistics package (I forget the name) then restart editorx and login. It will be re-installed automatically. I have had the system hang on one PC if I don’t do this when it needs to re-register. I think I also saw the same message months ago.

Hi @craig.petku, it seems you’ve highlighted another issue with Editor X. I’ll log it down. Thanks

The issue that @Jim_B had, he didn’t even get to the login window, so there won’t be any statistic package installed.